An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong reliable candidate, who has experience of working with children who have a range of special educational needs, to support teaching and learning at St Martin's C of E Schools in Epsom.
The role is to support a small group of children with additional needs in our school’s specialist classroom. Most children have an EHCP, therefore have a range of complex and specific needs. These include; autism, ADHD, language disorders, social communication and interaction disorders, attachment and emotional regulation difficulties.
The successful candidate will be passionate about supporting children with additional needs, be flexible and a team player. They will have experience in working with children who have special educational needs, particularly relating to using specific SEND and behaviour strategies used in the classroom and around school to support all children to make academic, social, emotional and behavioural progress. Experience of working with children in a specialist environment would be desirable.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Special Educational Needs Experience (Highly Desirable)
- Level 3 Qualification Teaching Assistant/ Practitioner (Highly Desirable)
- School based references from the last 2 years (Desirable)
- A DBS on the update service or happy to complete a new one
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- previous childcare experience.
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- a can-do attitude.
- flexible and a team player.
The role is term-time only (39 weeks per year), 24 hours (4 days) per week.
- Monday, Thursday and Friday, 08:45 - 15:30 (includes 45 mins of unpaid break)
- Then the choice of either Tuesday or Wednesday, 08:45 - 15:30
Salary - Surrey PS3 range (FTE £18,013 - £18,957) Pro-rata £10,905 - £10,872
We offer an exciting and challenging environment, a dedicated, hardworking and supportive staff team and excellent opportunities and commitment to staff professional development. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged via our Admin Manager, Emma Dennis. We reserve the right to invite candidates for interview prior to the closing date. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. Please also be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/ interviews have taken place.
Closing date for applications is 11:59pm on Wednesday 12 October 2022, with interviews planned for week commencing 17 October 2022.
St Martin's C of E Schools (Epsom) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.